Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Letter from a GRATEFUL heart to a GRACEFUL God


Image source: quotesgram.com

Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I hope in Him!"
- Lamentations 3:22-24.

Dear Jesus,
I just want to say THANK YOU. I'm sure you hear that a lot considering that you've touched many hearts. THANK YOU. That's all I really want to say in this letter Lord as we've entered the month of August.

What am I thankful for? Everything! For everything you've done. For everything you are to me. For the times it seemed I was groping in the dark. For the rocky patches on the road. For the sharp bends along the way. It turns out you had it all figured out. Nothing can catch you by surprise, apparently. I'm thankful for ALL of it.

Honestly, while it lasted, the hard times were exactly that - hard! But, I learned that you were always there. With me. All along. Holding me by the hand. Through those times when hope was fading, when faith was weak, when light was dim and seemed like it would be blown off. You were there. Graciously strengthening me. Perfecting your work in me. Loving selflessly as is your nature.

I thank you that true to your word, you never left me, you never forsook me, Lord.
Because you kept me, that's why I was never overwhelmed by the waters!
Because you kept me, I made it across the ocean.
Because you kept me, the devil couldn't achieve his aim.
Because you kept me, I'm shining forth your light.
Because you kept me, I'm still standing. I am still winning.

The saying that you don't know what you're missing if you've never experienced something is so true with you. One gets to appreciate you when he/she allows you into his/her life, and allow you be their shepherd.

Oh! I have one request, Lord: please, accept this heartfelt offering of thanks. Let it be like a sweet smelling scent. You deserve the more. Once again, THANK YOU.

Signed: A grateful heart.
To a graceful God.

Are you grateful for anything? The tough times? The rocky paths? Great memories? Do share with us in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is giving, and giving is generosity. Be generous, share this post with those you care about.