Friday, July 08, 2016

Who am I, Lord?


Image source: pinterest.com

"What is man that you are mindful of him,
And the son of man that you visit him?
For you have made him a little lower than the angels (Elohim),
And you have crowned him with glory and honour.
You have made him to have dominion over the works of yourr hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
All sheep and oxen - even the beats of the field,
The birds of the air,
And the fish of the sea that pass through the paths of the seas.
O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is your name in all the earth!"
- Psalm 8:4-9.

Who am I, Lord?
That you readily let go of your heavenly glory, took the form of a mortal man, shed your blood in the most shameful way to have me saved.

Who am I, Lord?
That One as loving, selfless, kind, excellent, and powerful as you would go to great lengths just to reconcile us back together.

Who am I, Lord?!
That I can go on knees right where I am, say words in prayer; and you who rules and reigns over heaven and earth would listen and answer from your hallowed throne.

Who am I, Lord?!
That the attempts of a flawed mortal like me at worship and praise would be accepted as sweet smelling scent. What a privilege!

Who am I, Lord?!
That I can confidently come before your throne of grace, to draw strength, mercy and find help for my times of need.

Who am I, Lord?!
That you could breathe your HOLY SPIRIT into me.

Who am I, Lord?!
That you are mindful and thinking of me, and you hear me when I call.

Who am I, Lord?!
That I can read and glean life altering, mind reforming insights from your living Word - the Bible. Indeed, a privilege!

Who am I, Lord?!
That I think of tomorrow and be super confident, no matter what may come my way. It's because you live in me.

Who am I, Lord?!
You know my deepest thoughts, my greatest fears and have watched me fall and fail repeatedly, yet you still love me to bits!

Who am I, Lord?!
That you have called me to serve people and help establish your kingdom on earth as it is in heaven - a great assignment!

Who am I, Lord?!
That I have clear purpose. Defined direction. Renewed hope. Unwavering faith. Loving heart. Diligent hands. Humble spirit. It's all you, Lord.

I won't trade you for silver or gold!
I won't trade you for riches untold!
I won't trade you for fame and global influence!
I won't trade you for awards, international accolades, prizes and recognition!
I won't trade you for Pulitzers, Nobels, Bestsellers, Emmys, Grammys, Oscars, or Billboards Awards!
I won't trade you for all the pleasure and fun in the world!
I won't trade you for 88 million Instagram followers, 167 million Twitter followers, 305 million Facebook likes, 55 million Pinterest followers - all put together, even.
I won't trade you for lifetime presidency of the UK, UN, EU, US, OPEC, G8 - all put together. I still won't trade you, Lord.

Because You are more than enough for me.
In fact, Lord, you are more than life itself to me!

I desire and resolve to Give more. Love more. Learn more. Trust more. Pray more. So help me Lord.
----
This piece was partly inspired by Casting Crowns-Who am I - it's a lovely song...

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt?
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart?
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are.

Chorus:
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind.
Still You hear me when I'm calling.
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling.
And You've told me who I am.
I am Yours, I am Yours.

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again?
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me?

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are.

Chorus:
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean.
A vapor in the wind.
Still You hear me when I'm calling.
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling.
And You've told me who I am.
I am Yours.

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are.

Chorus:
I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean.
A vapor in the wind.
Still You hear me when I'm calling.
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling.
And You've told me who I am.
I am Yours, I am Yours, I am Yours.
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?
'Cause I am Yours, I am Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is giving, and giving is generosity. Be generous, share this post with those you care about.