Sunday, July 17, 2016

I have this friend I'd like to tell you about


I have this friend I'd like to tell you about, I believe you'd like to meet my friend and experience what I have with this friend.
So here's introducing my dear friend, my pal for life...

This friend knows my darkest thoughts and imaginations, yet accepts me all the same. Can you beat that?
This friend knows my deepest fears, yet continues to persist with me. Hmm...
This friend has seen me in my worst state, but doesn't condemn me one bit.
This friend pays particular attention to me like I'm the only one alive. Who does that?
This friend always hears and runs to my aid when I call.
This friend has seen me naked, yet doesn't go about telling everyone of it.
This friend is the one I call when I have an emergency, and even during unholy hours; but guess what, my friend never complains about it.
This friend helps calm the storms of fear in my heart.
This friend shows me great and mighty things about me that I didn't know.
This friend has been with me through it all - the highs, the lows; up on the highest mountain, down in the deepest valley; this friend has stuck with me still.
This friend is my all. My strength. My help. My peace. Helps me keep it all together.

Do you know this my friend? He's a life changer. Heart mender. Emotion healer. Character moulder. Soul lifter. Helper. Comforter. Strengthener. Hope restorer. Good shepherd. Gracious. True friend. Brother. Father. Protector. Provider. Storm calmer. Joy giver. And so much more.

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are my friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things I heard from the Father I have made known to you" - John 15:13-15.

His name is Jesus, the Son of the Living God. The lamb that takes away the sin of the world. He gave up His heavenly glory and splendour, came to earth, suffered and died. Why? you may ask - to reconcile you and me to God, the Father, our maker.
To usher us into a life of peace, joy, hope, faith, bliss, purpose, victory, love.
To give us life... Life eternal. Life abundant. Life like God's. Life purposeful. Life fulfilling.


Image source: boruffmusic.com

Again, do you KNOW this my friend? Seriously, He knows you more than you can ever know you. He loves you more than anyone else can, He loves you to bits! I think He's head over heels in love with you; you may not know it, maybe because you're not in a relationship with Him. You know, you experience all that a person is when you're close to them, right? Well, you can do that right now... You can get close and in a relationship with Him right now. All you need do...?

"that if you CONFESS WITH YOUR MOUTH the Lord Jesus and BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the HEART one BELIEVES unto righteousness, and with the MOUTH confession is made unto salvation" (Romans 10:9-10).

That's all you need do really - BELIEVE in your heart and CONFESS with your mouth - and He'll make a permanent home in your heart, like He has done in mine. And guess what, He'll be a friend to you, too, like He has been to me and more.

Take that step today - approach Him, He's waiting with open arms and a warm smile. He'll embrace you like He's known you forever. Actually, He does. He knows you.
Please don't dilly dally, do not hesitate! Let Him show you what love's meant to be; not love as the world knows it or according to popular practice, but love how it's meant to be. Real, unadulterated, pure, undiluted love. Straight from the source!

Do you know this friend personally? Oh! You do? Great! Please share with us how He treats you in the comments section.
Do share this post with your network, it could help someone somewhere. Stay blessed.

2 comments:

  1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
    All our sins and griefs to bear!
    What a privilege to carry
    Everything to God in prayer!
    Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
    Oh, what needless pain we bear,
    All because we do not carry
    Everything to God in prayer!

    There really is no friend like Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. He's the only one that sees the depths of our hearts, yet He loves us the same.
      Thanks Bolaji.

      Delete

Sharing is giving, and giving is generosity. Be generous, share this post with those you care about.