Monday, April 18, 2016

A heartfelt letter to Jesus, My Everything


Image source: allfreestock.com

I will start by saying thank you. I know that's a phrase you hear a lot, and I mean every letter of it.
Thank you for not giving up on me even when I had given up on myself, and almost stopped trying.
Thank you for pulling out of my mess, cleansing me with your precious blood and presenting me perfect and blameless to the world.
Thank you for rekindling hope, passion and enthusiasm in my heart.
Thank you for helping me trust and place my faith in you wholeheartedly.
Thank you for being the source of my strength, my confidence, my worth, my meaning, my joy, my peace, my hope, my help, my purpose, my life... my everything.


I think, I believe, I know, I'm convinced and confess that the best decision I ever made is to accept your gift of salvation. What a sound decision it proved to be!

The ride with you has been everything you promised and more. Yes, there have been bumps on the way. And yes, I've messed up a number of times. But, remarkably, you've held my hand through it all - bends, curves and more. Knowing you has been a great experience, and I wouldn't trade it for the world! It's truly stunning! I'm in awe, Lord.

How do you do it? I mean, how could you be this passionate about me? How can you love me this much? To the point that you gave up your exalted place in heaven to come to a world as flawed and warped as mine was. Just to redeem me! What passionate love!

Indeed, your love for me is higher than the heavens. Deeper than the oceans. Greater than the mountains. I have experienced it first hand, and it leaves a pleasant taste in my mouth.

Now, I'm a shining light to your glory; even in the dark, the light you planted in me shines through, helping not just me find my way, but others near and far.

Oh! What would my life be like without you! I really can't tell.

A beautiful song says, "The only thing that I can give is the life you gave to me. This is my offering, dear Lord. I give you my life for it's all I have to give" (Third Day-Offering).
Indeed Father, it's all I have to give. The life you gave to me, I re-dedicate to you. Use it as you please. Lead me wherever you'd have me go. This life exists for service in your kingdom. This life says Amen to your will. Not my will, Lord, but your will be done.

Once again, thank you for everything, My Everything. I could kiss you right now...really.

Signed: Someone you gave meaning and purpose.

Do you have some heartfelt things you'd like to say to Jesus? Do share them with us in the comments or send to stillsmallvoiceblog@gmail.com for a chance to have it published.
Let's express how much we love Him, He's already shone us how much He loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is giving, and giving is generosity. Be generous, share this post with those you care about.